Friday, April 10, 2015

Flashback Friday #8

Image Source
I've been blogging since 2006 (on & off) & thought it was time to 'Flashback' to the old days.

I still have my old original blog, but have it set to private for a few reasons, so linking from here won't work.

Anyway, I have decided that on a Friday (every so often), I will repost a posts from yesteryear.


This post comes from Friday, April 13, 2007

My Reading

A girl at work had spoken about a reading she had done. We will call her C. Now I've always wanted to get one done for myself, because I've heard from other friends that they become true.

C had told me how she had a reading done by a woman years ago & things had happened. While in the lunch room, T (another work colleague) was saying how this person who does readings near my work, was extremely good. T said that there was some many people who had good reviews about her. So while speaking to C one day, I decide why not. It was only $50 & you got a tape of the reading.

C had booked in for her reading a week ago & was telling me how the new reading, was almost identical to her past one. They were done by two different women, in two different states years apart. It got me thinking that maybe this stuff isn't as mumbo jumbo as some think. So I went with an open mind, also sceptical, but have come away, well I'm not sure.

There were 3 readings to be done. Aura, Tarot Cards & Angel Cards. L(who did the reading) first started off with an Aura reading. Now I've just tried to play the tape back to remember what she said & it's quiet muffled. I'm really upset about that, but will try to remember what she said.

My first colour was Gold, then came a little bit of green, a lot of blue, indigo then pink. L said something about my aura being tired. Apparently the amount of blue, meant that I needed balance in my life (eg all work & no play. That's me.) That is why my aura is tired. There was something about my being an old soul & about me being stuck in a rut I can't get out of.

Next came the Tarot reading. I had to shuffle the cards & think of a question I wanted answered. I bet you can't guess what I asked?

I can't remember the order they were placed or all of the cards, but these were the ones I can remember.


The Nine of Swords
card rules regret, anxiety and all the other things that make you sit in bed at all hours of the night, afraid to close your eyes and go back to sleep. Unlike the pain of the Three of Swords, which is caused by an exterior event, the Nine of Swords is a realm of inner anguish. You can run away from exterior pain, but you cannot hide from that which burns within you.

The Ten of Wands shows the weight of burdens upon one's shoulders. However, sometimes this process shown in the Ten of Wands is a lesson that you must learn. Responsibility is a great character-builder, and by bearing physical burdens you often find that emotional burdens will fall away. You will lose your ego when you ask for help, and you will lose your limitations as you reach and surpass them. But you also have to learn when enough is enough, and when it is time to get out from under your burdens.

Eight of Wands refers to swift and decisive action, in the form of a sudden release of energy. This burst of power clears away confusion and negativity, opening up lines of communicaton and starting events in motion. It's like the wind of a hurricane, that throws everything out of its path. Obstacles will be swept our of your path and you will be free to advance as fast as you like.

The outward manifestations of such power are as numerous as they are varied, but the most common outer effect of The Magician's influence is unswaying and total confidence. The realization that the world is under your control is what inspires this kind of confidence, and with good reason. So go out into the world, set your mind to whatever goal you are interested in, and then just stand back and watch as everything falls into place under your command. Ultimately, the message of the Magician is a simple one despite his limitless and infinitely complex power. Your life is under your control. Your life is what you want it to be. Your life is what you make it.

The Three of Swords is a dark gem that has many faces, none of which are particularly pleasant. There is rejection, sadness, loneliness, heartbreak, betrayal, separation and grief. Awful as it may sound, pain is often necessary in your life. If there was no pain there would be no challenge and life would be ultimately pointless. Pain is a great motivator because it encourages you to surmount obstacles and return your life to the way it was before.

The Page of Pentacles can be an event, a person in your life, or a part of your own personality. Page of Pentacles almost always refers to a material or career matter. (The exception is when he appears with the Page of Cups or Wands which can indicate a pregnancy.) I don't think I ened up getting another Page though.

The ancients saw The Sun as the giver of life and light, and almost every polytheistic faith has a Sun God. It brings light and clarity after a period of darkness and confusion, and in this sense the Sun God is often a redeemer as well; a bringer of peace and good times after ordeals.

The Hanged Man is the only Tarot card visibly based on a mythological figure. He is Odin, the Norse god who hung from the World Tree for nine days to earn the knowledge of the Runes. The most obvious answer to a problem may be the simplest, but it is rarely the best. To admit that you are afraid will give you the strength to conquer your fear. When you relinquish your desire for control, everything begins to work as it should. In a world in which you must run as fast as you can to stay where you are, the Hanged Man tells you to stop struggling - and you can move forward.

It must be stressed again that The Devil is not a force that attacks from without, but a cancer than devours you from within. When the Devil is in power everything turns upside-down; hence, the inverted Pentagram associated with him. When you submit to your inner Devil, you simultaneously submit to every other force in the outside world that would do you harm. You allow others to bind you and control your life. You allow your creative powers to be corrupted and turned against you. But through all of this you are not a victim of anyone but yourself. In fact, in a sense you are not really a victim at all, and certainly not helpless.

When questions about the nature of existence and the purpose of life start eating away at your mind, answers will not be found in the physical world. They can only be found inside of you. You have risen above your desires and emotions because they will no longer help you on your journey. Now you must become like The Hermit, who seeks the answers alone. Only the whispers of his Inner Voice, and the light of his lamp, will guide him now. Eventually even that lamp shall be cast away, because it is artificial and will not help the Hermit forever. His own inner light must learn to shine in the absence of the light of others.

By all of that, L said that I have a lot of pain & suffering, but it will pass. If I change my way of thinking, my habits & opinions, within 12mths I will be pregnant or have a child. She said that the Pentacles card has something to do with January, May or September. So I will either get rpregnant in those months or give birth in those months. She also said that a child's soul is waiting & will only come when IT is ready.

The last reading was Angel cards. These are the cards I got:

They all explain themselves.

So now I don't know what to believe. Is it true or all hogwash?

I suppose only time will tell.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts