Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slimming Sunday #1

From Life According To MrsShilts :

"We’ve come together to start a new weekly linky where we share our weight loss and fitness journies and invite fellow bloggers who are also losing weight or who are on the quest to improve their health through fitness and making healthy lifestyle changes, to join in too.

Every Sunday, link up a post from the previous week and find inspiration and motivation from others in the same boat.
Maybe you’ve written a meal plan with a particular diet in mind,

have you got a transformation story you’d like to share or just an update on how you’re getting on and what drives you to keep going, we’d love to see them all.

Losing weight can be a lonely venture. It’s such a personal thing as only you can do it. I have found great support from the community online and would love to create a place where we can regularly encourage each other and support each other as we try and better ourselves for whatever our reasons are."



I haven't blogged about weight loss for ages because I actually put on quite bit of weight. Then for no reason at all (whether stress or whatever), I have lost about the same amount I put on, give or take a few kilos.

I had discovered My Peak Challenge & was hoping to be able to join, but due to the exchange rate from USD to AUD, it's still a little out of my price range. I am saving a little each week, so may be able to afford it soon. I have been jealous of those who are already Peakers, seeing their successes on social media & that has given me just a little motivation to get off my backside & do something.

I do want to loose a little by the time I turn the BIG 4-0, so by googling previous MPC's, I have started doing a few of the workouts & have gotten my S Health app linked with My Fitness Pal & My Jawbone Up, so I can get an idea on what I am, have been & need to do.

This last week was the first where I have properly used the S Health app & others linked to it. Here are last weeks stats;


I'm trying to only eat 1200 calories, but am falling there. I am also trying to do a minimum of 60 mins activity per day / 10,000 steps & am currently failing there too. Strike 3, my average sleep time. I'm aiming for 6.5hrs per night... Sigh. The only way is up.

I made myself a weekly walking schedule where I increase the kilometres every month, but lazy me hasn't done any extra walking planned. I have been doing a plank, some sit ups/crunches & squats each night, but nothing more than 5 mins worth. #BabySteps

I'm also taking measurements & weights every 2wks, of which the next are due on Monday week.

As someone who never drinks water & is addicted to soft drink, I have found it easier than I thought, to go cold turkey & drink water. I've drank more water this year, than I have in the last 10, although I have been enjoying the odd, but less frequent can of soft drink.

So that's me for the last week. Now why don't you got & visit the link below & see what others are sharing.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts